Plenty has changed since I last blogged. G and I got engaged, we vacationed to NH, planned a wedding, had weekend visits with friends, celebrated our first set of holidays together in DC, welcomed a new nephew, began a new year together, started a new career, celebrated family weddings and engagements and recent news of expected babies, were HAPPILY married, honeymooned, moved all of our worldly goods into the same tiny apartment that once held only my worldly goods and now are trying our best to settle into the everyday life we're making together on 12th street.
There has been much bliss, there have been a few tears, and there undoubtedly has been much change, and most of that will likely not change, so welcome to our new everyday. We're thankful for the bliss, learning during and after the challenges, and eager for the next day...and the next....and the rest of time.
Yesterday the sun was shining in the district and the thermometer nearly hit 70. I felt like I was back on the South side of Maui, but today it is cloudy and that mirage has quickly faded.
I plan to bring back the honeymoon bliss this weekend with a few secret and not so secret Maui favorites. Here's to Saturday spent sipping cocktails, brunching on fresh fruit , sleeping in, or closing your eyes with fresh scent of orchids and the sound of a guitar being gently played on the background. Won't you come away to Maui with me one weekend soon?
1.
2. 

3.

4.

1. Capri Blue Candle Tin, Anthropologie $12, 2. Music from the Islands Slack Key Guitar Volume 2, $21, 3. Classic Mai Tai Recipe, 4. A crisp white bed, 5. Fresh Fruit that just won't stop.

No comments:
Post a Comment