Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tuesday Morning Music

One beautiful benefit of living with a morning person is waking up ever so gently to the sound of G's voice singing in the shower.  Sometimes it is the latest song from the radio, and sometimes his time in the shower is full of songs from Sunday mornings.  This morning I woke up to him singing along to this beautiful song.  His favorite hymn has the same music but different lyrics, and while I heard the gentle humming of these notes, I thought of this dear song. 

I think this song is so beautiful, in fact, I walked down the aisle to an acoustic version of this song at our wedding just last month.

Singing a song like this in the shower is a helpful morning reminder that though life often can be filled with news of despair or sadness our Lord is a king of Love and his goodness faileth never!  

Do you memorize hymns?  If not, would you?  Where would you start?

The King of Love
Words: Henry William Baker (1821-770
Music: Traditional Irish Melody

2 comments:

  1. I remember the hymns my mother use to sing to me at bedtime. They always bring good memories!

    On another, random note- when you call your husband 'G' it reminds me of two things: 1. I call my bf 'R' (especially when I'm blogging about him!) and 2. it sounds like something Carrie on SATC would call her man!

    ReplyDelete